Sunday 30 March 2014

Hello Kitty Rose Ombré Cake

When my girlfriend learned that I bake as a hobby, she requested me to bake a Hello Kitty cake for her sis in-law to spring her a birthday surprise. Being a Hello Kitty fan myself, I obliged as I've bookmarked to bake a Rose Ombré Cake for a while but never got down to doing it.  So I thought, let's do it!

I decided to try out the recipe from here. I used Wilton red color to create the gradiation of pink hues and coloured the same for the frosting. The cake was moist and I like the texture. I used Frosty Whip for this cake and the piping of the roses looked firm. I also used the Rose jelly which I bought from Harrods for the sponge layers before splattering them with the whipped cream between the layers.

Here's the final look of the Rose Ombré Cake topped with a Fondant Hello Kitty cut-out. Meow....

The birthday girl was so surprised and love the cake to the T! I'm so glad to have made someone's special day a happy one.

I'm submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #40: Rainbow and Ombre Party ( March 2014)
hosted by Cynthia of  The Baking Biatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment